It’s that time of year again—spring, when the world seems brand new again. And the greening trees remind us that it’s time to spruce things up a bit. Here are a few things you can do today.
- Pick just one thing to focus on—the “junk” drawer in your kitchen, a closet, or even a corner of a room.
- Set a timer for 30 minutes. Doing so will keep you focused and efficient. OK, go!
- Put anything you don’t need or want in a bag or box to recycle or give away.
- If it’s difficult for you to let go of some things, ask yourself: Does someone else need this more than I do? The answer is usually yes, so go ahead and make someone else’s day!
- When the timer chimes, you’re done.
- Now, make a date with yourself for a 30-minute fling next week.
- Celebrate yourself: take a walk, ride your bike, sip a cup of your favorite tea, pick some spring flowers, call a friend.
- In just a few weeks, you’ll be amazed at how organized things are and how great you feel.
Pass It On!