Don’t put off clearing your clutter until the New Year. Begin today with these simple strategies.
- Set a timer for 30 minutes. Focus on just one room, closet, or that “everything” drawer. If you choose a room, narrow your focus to a single area in the room. Doing so will keep you focused and efficient. No cheating. When the timer chimes, you’re done. For now. Make a date with yourself to have a clearing party once a week.
- Next month, invite your family to party with you—for 30 minutes. Celebrate by playing a game together.
- If you’re like me and you find it hard to get rid of some things, ask yourself: Do I love it? If yes, then ask yourself: Will I use it again?
- If yes, ask if you’ll use it in the next 3 months? If you still say yes, then ask: Can someone else use it?
- This last question is the kicker for me. It’s THE question that will force me to put that nifty basket, cellophane-swaddled candle, or some other unused treasure in a box to give away to someone else.
Clear your clutter—today. Not only will you be glad you did, you’ll also make someone else happy. Oh, Happy (uncluttered) Holidays!
Pass It On!