We all know that healthy self-esteem is good for you, but do you really know what it means and what it takes? Here are six keys to having healthy self-esteem. You’ll know if you’re on track by asking yourself:
- Do I live consciously and intentionally? In other words, am I aware of what I’m doing, of what’s going on in the world around me as well as happening inside me?
- Do accept myself—even under trying or difficult circumstances? Am I compassionate toward myself in the same way I am towards others?
- Am I responsible for my choices and actions, or do I tend to look to others for contentment and fulfillment?
- Do I respect my wants and needs? Am I comfortable letting others know who I am, what I value, and what I stand for?
- To I set realistic goals, take steps to achieve them, and keep track of my progress along the way?
- Am I congruent with my values? In other words, do I walk my talk? When I make promises to others, can they count on me to keep my commitments?
Pass It On!