One more time… Celebrate National Poetry Month with me! Poetry offers us so much—a mirror, a glimpse into another’s heart… a fresh breeze, a song, a shout that can only come through the soul.
Here’s to five poets—Jalal ad-Din Rumi, Marge Piercy, Lucille Clifton, Stanley Kunitz, and yours truly. (I’ve changed the formatting, not the words):
– This is love: to fly toward a secret sky, to cause a hundred veils to fall each moment. First to let go of life. Finally, to take a step without feet.
– Time flows through us like water. The past and the dead speak through us. We breathe out our children’s children, blessing.
– Come celebrate with me that everyday something has tried to kill me and has failed.
– Darling, do you remember the man you married? Touch me, remind me who I am.
– I want to know if you will throw away your cloak and show your heart, if you will dare to wear your soul on the outside.
Pass It On!