As I reflect the many people–parents, sisters, grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends, & neighbors–who poured blessings into my life, I think about the power & blessings of family… the power and blessing of community. It didn’t matter if the folks in my community were related to me or not, I fondly hold them in my heart as members of my Personal Village.
What if we offered ourselves as ally and guide to others–as steward in the Personal Village of someone we love and beyond?
– Because when we open ourselves to others, we invite them into our lives, which opens the window of collaboration… and to celebrating the people in our midst and beyond.
– Because when we celebrate and lift others up, it becomes easier to address challenges in relationships, communities, and the world around us.
– Because when we reach out to address challenges, we create a golden pathway that leads to opportunity, creativity, and possibility.
– Because when we set our table with the feast of possibility, we provide bread for the journey for those who suffer adversity and calamity.
– Because when we honor and respect those who suffer and those who are vulnerable, we extend compassion, sanctuary, and peace.
– Because when we tender peace, we pour loving balm into small and great injuries and wounds-our own and others’.
Each moment, a ray of light. Each conversation, a gesture of hope. Each day, another prayer, another stitch. And so, we mend our world.
Mighty blessings to you… and to the keepers in your Personal Village.
Pass It On!