A few weeks ago, a friend & fellow poet asked me… how I was doing, especially given my devotion to lifting up others. “Gloria,” she asked, “How do you turn your FEEL GOOD vibe around for yourself?” Lovely question. Here’s how I do it:
- I count my blessings—every single day… many times a day! My health, my family, treasured friends, moments of solitude, a glorious soak at the end of a long day.
- I count my blessings for sun or rain. Each day is extravagantly wonderful.
- I acknowledge the blessings all around me. When I do, I get the added reward of increasing my awareness so I can see & experience even more blessings. A blade of grass pushing up through a crack in the sidewalk. A blazing sunset. A child’s laughter.
- I count the blessings of gratitude & faith… water & bread, super-rich nourishment for body & soul.
- I know that blessings, like love, multiply when you give them away—when you pass them on to someone else.
- And because I know each day I’ll meet someone who loves the way I do… & someone who doesn’t.
You never know who needs your touch. And in the grand scheme of things, it’s not really your business to know. It’s simply your business to be kind, generous, & reach out to others.
How can YOU feel good every day? It’s simple. Count your blessings & pass them on. When you do, you’ll make a difference that makes all the difference to someone else.
Mighty blessings–to you & yours.
Pass it on!