At this moment, I am blessed to be on the paradise island of Molokai, leading a retreat, Legacy of the Heart. In this intimate gathering, we celebrate life… the one we’re living and the one that is waiting–just for us.
For those unable to be here on Molokai with me this summer, I invite you on a virtual vision quest. Choose a time when you will have several hours free from distractions. Review the questions below, then go to a place that feeds your soul, a place of sanctuary, where you will take a long, solo walk. Carry your journal to make notes as you reflect on the questions. When you get home, put on your favorite relaxing music, put your feet up, and write or draw your responses.
- What is the presence, or rhythm, of vision in my life?
- What is my # 1 goal at this time-for me, for my family?
- What have I said “no” to that I’m now ready to say “yes” to?
- What must I do to get started? When will I begin?
- Who will I ask for support and encouragement?
- What image captures the essence of your vision?
Draw it or look in an old magazine for an image to include in your journal. Put your vision board in a place where you can easily see it. Look at it at least once a day. Soon you will begin to notice small and big changes in your life.
Be faithful to yourself and to your vision.